The last few months have been all about skincare for me. I have been wanting to expand my skincare routine and introduce some new products into the mix.
One day I was browsing the CVS website, when I saw a new brand pop up that I had never heard of before. It was Derma E! With a quick google search, I found that Derma E focuses on bringing natural ingredient-based skin care at an affordable cost and they promote skin health with a combination of vitamins and nutrients to boost your skincare routine. Sounds great to me.
So I looked around at their different products, and there was one in particular that stood out to me. It was the Derma E Essentials Overnight Peel. I had always wanted to try a facial and this was just the product to help me recreate the effects of a facial treatment at home!
The idea of a face peel is to exfoliation your skin through chemical reactions rather than mechanical exfoliation such at a face scrub. There are three different types of chemical peels which basically break down into a light, medium, or deep penetrating peel and the types of acids that are used for each (Source).
By exfoliating your skin, you removed dried or dead skin cell and allow for the regeneration of new skin cells that will help your face appear smoother.
I tried the Overnight Peel for 6 weeks and I have put together some of my thoughts on this project to share with you.
The Derma E Overnight Peel
A little about the product: The Derma E Overnight Peel sits just under $20. It contains 5% alpha hydroxy acid for a “light” penetrating peel. It is free of fragrance, mineral oil, gluten, and parabens. The product is also vegan and cruelty free!
Along size the glycolic acid, the peel also contains lots of fruit derived alpha hydroxy acids such as those from lemons, passion fruit, as well as Jojoba seed oil. These fruit acids basically work by unsticking the very top layer of your skin cells to remove any dead or dry skin. Furthermore, acids also stimulates production of collagen which can improve the elasticity of your skin. For more information about alpha hydroxy acids you can find it HERE. Jojoba oil contains vitamin E therefore its acts as an antioxidant. Jojoba oil is an essentially a liquid wax and simulates your sebum thereby controlling sebum release and creates an antimicrobial barrier
I tried the Overnight Peel for 6 weeks and I have put together some of my thoughts on this project to share with you:
- Initially I applied the peel, as instructed, before going to bed and then I would wash it off in the morning. However, since I was immediately putting on foundation on my skin, I couldn’t really tell the effects or allow for the rest of my skincare to sink.
- I now use the peel about once a week and I put it on for about 2 hours and wash it off. I still see a noticeable effect of the peel after only 2 hours. Afterwards my skin is so smooth and shiny! I absolutely love the way it feels. Literally my face feels so amazing! And I find that it helps absorbed the rest of my skincare much better!
- The peel does tingle after applying it, but the feeling quickly goes away.
- If you decided to do the peel overnight, don’t worry about getting it on your pillow. The peel dries within 20 minutes and I have not noticed any residue on my pillow after use.
- Because the Overnight Peel has a relatively low percentage of mild acids, you can’t overdo it with the peel since it is intended for a slow, overnight treatment. Which is perfect for someone new to chemical peels or just wants a top-up on their facials.
- This product has not given me any major problems and I have not seen any redness or skin peeling that you can sometimes get with harsher chemical peels.
- I do HIGHLY recommend applying a sunscreen afterwards if you plan to be in the sun for up to 24 hrs after doing your peel. But you should probably do that anyway, haha.
- Your skin can be sensitive to certain products after the peel. I found that my skin tingles when I use products with acids after my peel.
After using the Derma E Overnight Peel for 6 weeks, I have defiantly notice a significant difference in my skin when using this product compared to a physical exfoliate (scrub with small particles). My face is much smoother and the smoothness last for several days. My skin feels healthier and my makeup looks so good! I also do think it helps my serums to penetrate better and overall my skin has been at its best since using this facial peel. I can’t recommend it highly enough if you are curious about chemical peels.
If you have any questions or concerns about using any of these products or if you have sensitive skin please consult a dermatologist.
I am hoping to continue exploring new products and sharing them with you in future posts. If you have any recommendations for amazing products, drop a comment below! And thank you all, for coming to visit my Blog!